Specialist Semi Permanent Make Up
Micropigmentation, also known as semi-permanent makeup, enhances facial features such as eyebrows, lashes, and lips, and improves conditions like scarring and uneven pigmentation. Correct all those years of over plucking and take hours off your daily regime with a set of beautifully symmetrical eyebrows that will instantly enhance all your facial features.
People typically choose micropigmentation either because they have physical limitations that make applying makeup difficult on a regular basis, or simply as a way to save time. People with alopecia, a form of hair loss, may choose micropigmentation to create an appearance of eyebrows where the hair has been lost.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING MICROPIGMENTATION
- Convenience – Saving up to 100 hours a year in makeup application.
- Non-Allergic – Certain skin types are easily irritated by traditional makeup, All of our pigments are mineral based and Hypo-Allergan .
- Application Ease – People with medical conditions such as arthritis have difficulty applying makeup.
- No More Smears – Micropigmentation resolves the smear problem.
- Aging Changes – Micropigmentation can enhance the positives and mask the negatives. It is commonly used for uneven lip lines and discoloration areas of the skin.
- Tearing Eyes or Irritated Eyes – LASIK surgery, contact lenses, and excessive time spent in front of a computer screen (read about computer vision problems) can all create reasons for micropigmentation.
- The Outdoors – It can be tough to manage makeup application if you spend much time outdoors, whether you’re an athlete or simply have an active lifestyle.
- The Natural Look – Micropigmentation offers the “natural woman” look.
- Hair Loss – People who have suffered from hair loss have benefited from micropigmentation for eyebrows, sideburns, and the hair line.
- Skin Discoloration – Certain skin disorders, genetic traits, and deformities can alter skin colour. Micropigmentation may improve a cleft lip, or scars.
The micropigmentation procedure
Since the surface layer of the skin (epidermis) continually undergoes a natural exfoliation process, the colour is tattooed on both the surface skin layer and the skin layer below (dermis layer). A topical aesthetic is applied before and after treatment to reduce discomfort. Tiny, metabolically inert pigment granules are implanted below the epidermis.
You can discuss the lightness and darkness options with the practitioner. Typically, patients use a lighter colour and return for additional treatment to darken the colour if needed.
After the procedure, cool ice packs can be applied to reduce discomfort. Sun protection is important after treatment. If you have a history of cold sores, your doctor can prescribe medication to prevent a reaction.
SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE UP ARTIST
More about Alexandra
Alexandra is a semi-permanent makeup artist from London and has now relocated in Exeter. With years of experience she specialises in teach Microblading and does extensive medical work. Alexander also does other forms of make up tattoo- eyeliner, brows and lips. She believe permanent make up should look as natural as possible and every brow should be completely individual and tailor made for each client.
Ready to Book?
The Beresford Clinic want to ensure you are confident and happy that you have made an informed decision on the treatment or procedure thats right for you: This is why the clinic prefers to book clients in for treatments over the phone.
No one knows your body better than you and every one is different which is why a consultation is paramount to creating the right journey to achieve your ultimate goals. The consultation team will will talk you through the treatments and procedures and create a tailored plan that is perfect for your goals.
Please complete the consultation form below, If you’re already part of The Beresford Clinic family, please complete the next treatment form to book your next appointment.